NEW YORK UNIVERSITY, RORY MEYERS COLLEGE OF NURSING
WHO Collaborating Centre for Gerontological Nursing Education
Nancy Van Devanter
TERMS OF REFERENCE
To support PAHO/WHO in building inter-professional workforce capacity using the Integrated Care for Older People (ICOPE) guidelines to strengthen health system-based integrated care for older persons including promoting healthy aging, managing chronic disease, teaching self-care for older persons, and other priority issues for healthy aging identified by PAHO/WHO.
To support PAHO/WHO in building the capacity of interprofessional providers to document and assess data about the implementation and outcomes of ICOPE evidence-based practices that can inform decisions about services to address aging and the health of older adults.
Support PAHO/WHO to increase the capacity of the health care workforce to meet dependence of care needs of older adults living in the communities.
ANNUAL REPORT 2021
- Conducted a Needs assessment regarding Healthy aging and Care of the older adult in 15 Eastern Caribbean region and Jamaica, and Trinidad Tobago.
- Analysis of Needs Assessment and Development of a report to be shared with participants and with PAHO.
- The psychosocial impact on frontline nurses of caring for patients with Covid-19 during the first wave of the pandemic in New York City (Accepted by Nursing Outlook 4/15/2021).
- Study of Nurses from 4 NYC teaching hospitals regarding their experience working in the first phase of the Covid pandemic.
- Presentation of findings from the above study to Nursing leadership at Langone Health Center.
- Submission of two additional papers from the Covid NYC nurses study-currently under review.